As an oddball myself, I can relate to this project. It’s everything the odd ball society has been waiting for: creativity in a rare and raw form. I went back to Timeless, a compilation from 2016. I listened to OddBall , number one, to tap into the project that started the series of odd ball shit.
Let’s Observe the Growth
I know this article is about his recent project but I would like to highlight a few tracks from his previous projects. I was reminded of a few of my favorite listens. First, let’s deal with the the new release then trickle our way down.
New “Wit The Shit” w/ Reefa Rei
Check out the full project.
- Prevail-This song is refreshing and feels good when you’re having a rough time. It reminds you that you will be victorious Everything will be OK, just trust the process and God.
- What’s the Deal– You have to see what’s up? What’s going on, what’s the deal? Learn about what’s going on.
- Makin Magic-a positive message of manifesting and using your super-natural powers and instinct to create, build, and navigate to your destiny.
- Ain’t Been –You know how it is when you haven’t been the same, in a while. You need a reminder to get back to doing YOU! Sometimes you can’t let people and circumstances change you to the point where you ain’t you.
- Lost in Pain-typical shit that happens and leaves you in pain, consciously and unconsciously, maneuvering through life in Chicago. So much hurt generationally that has been passed down to us we can’t even pen point where some of our insecurities come from. This song modernly connects to the “playerism” in Chicago. Fuck these hoes.
- Call the Preacher-I just love the beat and vibes of how the words flow in the chorus. The hook is so catchy.
- Potholes-We have hella potholes in Chicago, and if you not paying attention, you’ll be sure to fall in a few. This songs is a metaphor that reflects situations you should avoid, just like these damn potholes.