Live“Radio” Sessions, “Where everything is happening right in front of you!”
It’s was an epic weekend for the local artist community in Chicago. Writing Sessions America, Urban Ideas, and Chicago Creed put together a 2-day seminar of hosting panels, workshops, and sessions to educate talent on the business of music.
Artist development was the foundational setting for the first day of the conference, setup the artist to develop their skills and knowledge in the profession of music. They mentored artist how to get structured to handle their business in the streets, and industry from a Chicago perspective. The goal is to connect the dots to resources to help develop the local music market in Chicago to the true dynamic of the music industry.
Attending this event, an artist is sure to grow by grounding themselves with the information presented. Artist learn how to manage and maintain their situation; they teach the artist what to do when they finally get in the room with the power to develop their flow and score a deal. Live Radio Sessions introduced the urban market to advertising, public relations, writing and recording sessions, networking, and performing techniques to set a tone for the urban music industry in Chicago to help push culture and affairs forward.
- Joan Sullivan & Michael Towns of Urban Ideas Partners presented Business of Music.
- Kevin Shine of Writing Sessions America presented Songwriters Boot Camp.
- Johnny Bravo presented “in the studio” and Production.
- Live Performance Workshop featuring Sandy Redd, Tenette Smith, Michele Thomas, Kevin Ross, and Sheree Lee.
- Music in Advertising Panel with Dani Jackson
- Live Radio DJ Listening Party with Terry Hunter, Lee Farmer, DJ World, DJ Phantom, and DJ Lipgloss
- Live Radio Showcase hosted by Isaiah Jones