The Come Up
This journey that I’m embarking on is going to help me get through my next phase in college, or life in general. My goal is to build Urban Culture and Affairs, while redefining how black culture (urban culture) is valued. I want to take us to the next level and lead us to take control of our own culture and affairs. It sounds like I have it all together but I don’t. I am setting my foundation and working in progress of re-establishing my career path. I found something that I am truly passionate about and I’m sticking with it. That’s my come up. My come up is the art of my hustle as a Communication Scholar developing my Social Entrepreneurship as a Social Scientist and Engineer; Humanitarian; and Philosopher.
I am building a media empire to disseminate indigenous culture from and throughout the diaspora. I contribute my skills and talent to creating policies, establishing a commonwealth to co-create a community for the development of socioeconomics, business, and performing research for urban culture and affairs. Being an Entrepreneur I don’t see myself working for anyone, so I have to use every opportunity that is available for me to actively learn and be hands on. I’m a in the field type of womb-man. My goal is to take on plenty of work that needs to be done, and do it through charity. You can check out some of my old starter kit shit. I use a variety of language and lingo, so be open minded when your cruising through my domain.
Click here to watch an interview,
As a scholar, my vision is to use my independent practice to fill requirements for my research projects using the courses I take for development. This will help me get experience, feedback, and the foundation I need to develop as a practitioner becoming more analytical and increasing my consultancy. It will also help me get started now versus waiting until I graduate to do so. I am interested in independently creating my own internships but gaining some paid internships to develop any interested skills or hobbies while being compensated for my works.
Humanities;Communications; Advertising and Public Relations; Global Media and Information Flow
Estimated Graduation: Spring 2020
- F2-900 Art Appreciation
- Business Communications (More)
- Child Development
- Human Psychology & Development
- SOC-2100 Contemporary Social Issues
- C1-900 English 101
- C1-901 English 102
- BIOL-1200 Environmental Biology
- ACCT-2110 Financial Accounting
- Hip Hop, Culture and Politics
- MIS-2101 Information Technology
- BLAW-2100 Legal and Social Environment of Business
- HL-990 Mandarin Foreign Language
- PHYS-1111 Physical Science Foundation
- PHYS-1112 Physical Science Foundation Lab
- ECON-2302 Principles of Macroeconomics
- MATH-2137 Foundations of Mathematics
- PHIL-3101 Philosophy
- Public Speaking
- MCOMM-4512 Media Comm Law Fall 2017
- COMMS-3099 Junior Seminar Fall 2017
- COMMS-2100 Foundation of Communication Fall 2017
- MCOMM-4379 Creating Strategies in Advertising Fall 2017
- MCOMM-2361 Introduction into Advertising Fall 2017
- COMMS-3160 Advanced Public Speaking Spring 2018
- COMMS-3160 Strategic Media Planning and Management Spring 2019
- COMMS-4425 Group Communication Leadership Spring 2018
- COMMS-4900 Senior Seminar Fall 2019
- MCOMM-3725 Layout, Design, and Production Spring 2018
- MCOMM-4230 Reporting and Editing Spring 2018
- MST-3412 International Media Flow Spring 2018
- MCOMM-3300 Strategic Communication and Society Fall 2019
- MCOMM-4451 Public Relations and Society Summer 2019
- COMMS – 4110 Communication Research Spring 2019
- COMMS – 4850 Communication Ethics Fall 2018
- COMMS – 4710 Culture and Communication Fall 2018
- COMMS – 4320 Communicating with Clients and Customers Spring 2019
- COMMS – 4800 Internship (will update info soon)
Click here to view my explanations of chosen works displayed in my portfolio and my honest assessment of my scholarship at Governors State University.
Click here to view my resume and here’s The Story of BK. This gives you a glimpse of the road I’ve traveled to get where I am in my career and academic goals. My resume reflects what I have accomplished up to date, while my story reveals to you how consistent, determined, and passionate I am to accomplish my goals. I’m a go-getter and my persistence is gangster.
I am a published writer, too. I have been independently writing and publishing since 2014. In 6th grade I was on the newspaper team, The Gresham Griots. I always had a love for literature, so I guess I’ve been publishing since then. Most recently, my works have been featured in South Shore Current, South Side Weekly, TBT News Service, Chicago Street Journal and The Phoenix. I have hosted broadcasts on Windy City Underground (WCUG), and Chicago Land Sports Radio.